Thursday, March 13, 2014

More Springtime Stitching

Just a couple more things I've been stitching up lately.  I was inspired by a hat (an actual hat) I saw on Etsy and decided to try out some brooches.  I have not made felt flowers before and saw a tutorial on Pinterest to learn how.  The hard part was making the flowers small enough for the hat.  Felt roses are on my agenda as well...but who can resist some pretty glass bead flowers?  These really are fun to stitch up...and, oh, so springy!  There are other projects rolling around in my mind as well; it's just finding the time to work them up that is the problem.  These little hats were only completed by a few stitches here and a few stitches there. 
 
I thought the yellow, white, and aqua were perfect springtime colors. 
 
This has an actual parakeet feather in it and a wee vintage mother of pearl pin.  Both of these are in my Etsy shop now.  Hope you like them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments on my CQ block. You little hat pins are darling! I especially love the one with the flowers. So sweet!
Hugs Marilou