Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good Reads for a Song

When I was quite young, my parents bought first my brother then me a subscription to World magazine, which was the children's version of National Geographic.  I really enjoyed it.  One issue I remember distinctly--it was an article (with lots of pictures, of course) of the crown jewels of England and a few other countries.  I loved that issue!  I thought those sparkles were just gorgeous and wore that issue out. Right then and there my interest began in sparkles of every kind truly began.  It's not that I want them all, but it is just pleasant to look at them and enjoy their beauty and design.  The Crown Jewels book my Mom and I both went for at the same time at a yard sale--it was 50 cents.  I let her have it knowing I could read it whenever I wished (thanks, Mom).  The other book I bought at an antique mall intending it for a gift for someone but just couldn't give it up.  They are full of information and gorgeous, inspiring pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how books shape our lives??!!
Marilyn

Annesphamily said...

I love reading and there is nothing like a good book. Love to you today for sharing such a simply beautiful story with us Anne