Monday, May 16, 2011

William and Kate Royal Wedding Swap from Me

Heidi at Foxgloves, Fabric, and Folly hosted a "William and Kate Royal Wedding Swap". My swap partner was Kathleen of Set to a Tea. We were supposed to spend a certain amount and put together a swap with a royal, wedding, and/or English theme. I had a great time scouring antique malls for pretties for Kathleen. I know Kathleen has a tea related business, so I tried to think of different things for her that she could not get through her business (other than those Walker cookies, I suppose...but can one have too many shortbread cookies?). What better things than those that are vintage and/or one-of-a-kind handmade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


First of all, I wrapped everything up in gold boxes and pink tissue paper tied with English garden style floral organza ribbon. I made a card with two postage stamps (compliments of Jan from England and my nephew, Luke, from New Zealand), a rhinestone crown, and big sapphire rhinestone to mirror Kate's ring.



The show piece is this beautiful vintage teacup and saucer. It was pink on the saucer and outside the cup and had a beautiful fruit pattern inside. After I bought this, I really wanted to keep it because it is so pretty...but I sent it along to Kathleen.


Here is a porcelain rose pin from England--a vintage find--and a pair of vintage white gloves. Also, I had great fun making especially for Kathleen this British and wedding themed zipper/purse clip. It has tiny jewelry pieces in it all secured with resin--rhinestones, faux pearls, a cameo, a crown, and a pretty piece of teacup.


This is a "Woods of Windsor" vintage powder tin and a souvenir handkerchief from England.


I made these "royal jewels"--vintage jewelry thumbtacks in rhinestones with pretty jewel tones as well as an old piece with a crest.

I hope Kathleen enjoyed receiving her things as much as I enjoyed putting them together.

1 comment:

Annesphamily said...

WHat a delightful swap! I always miss these wonderful exchanges. But you gave and received so many beautiful items. Have a terrific day!