Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Thanksgiving

It has been a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving Day. I'm thankful to have spent it with my husband and kids, parents, grandmother, and nephew (who came in late, late last night from where he goes to school in New York). It has been a long time since I spent Thanksgiving with my grandmother and parents. It is a blessing that they now live so close and that we were able to be together today. I'm thankful that my grandmother was well enough to be here, and of course, that my parents are still alive after their car accident in August. I'm thankful that my husband didn't have to work as he has had to do for so many Thanksgivings past. I'm thankful for health, for a warm home, for a job for my husband, for a loving family, for the privilege and freedom to homeschool our children, for the Lord meeting our financial needs during a very tight year, for the country that I'm blessed to live in and the brave men and women who serve in our military, and most importantly for His Word, the Bible, and providing an assured way to heaven through His Son, Jesus Christ. I am indeed blessed beyond measure and offer this praise and thankfulness to God on this Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: