Monday, March 8, 2010

Vintage Jewelry on Perfume Bottles--Repurposed and Glitzy

Remember the estate sale I blogged about a few weeks past with the box of rhinestones and broken vintage jewelry bits that I bought? I'll show you the picture again to remind you.
I have been busy since--and making a huge mess in the process--organizing that box. Pieces of jewelry and rhinestones have literally covered one whole counter top in our kitchen while I've been working on it in my spare time. (Thank you, Honey, for being so patient!) I've been sorting rhinestones, seeing what vintage pieces may be salvaged, organizing orphan earrings, and seeing what needs some repair and/or reworking to use in something pretty. Many rhinestones and faux pearls were gone in many pieces to begin with or were removed by the previous owner of this box. Well, I'm actually making progress. I had purchased a little blue perfume bottle at a thrift store for my grandmother (had previously posted about that too), and decided to make my first try at decorating something with that. Here is the result...
I was pleased and so was Gram. The vintage bits really perked up the bottle and made it prettier. I had purchased some quality little crystal perfume bottles a while back, and thought last week that they would be great things to put some broken jewelry pieces on--and the bottle at the very top and the one below are the result. I like perfume bottles anyway, as you know, so these were perfect for this project. Without a question these are one of a kind items!
The rhinestones may not all match, there may be a chip or scratch on a piece...but I think that adds to the charm of these repurposed vintage jewelry bits. These glitzy little pieces of jewelry certainly shouldn't be thrown out just because they are showing signs of their age!
I'll be adding the crystal perfume bottles to my Lollishops/Etsy shops soon, and I'm working on a few more. This has been such fun, and I've enjoyed this greatly

4 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love what you did with the bottles! A wonderful inspiration, indeed!
xoxo
Donna

Cynthia K. said...

Oh my goodness! All three of these bottles are simply exquisite now!! What a fantastic idea you had for the vintage jewelry that you got for such a bargain -wow.

May I ask how you attached each piece of jewelry to the other and then to the bottle? Wire, hot glue?

Wonderful post...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

starrynightimpressions said...

Hi Michele, thank you for visiting my blog and signing up for the giveaway :) I love your blog too and your jewelry is gorgeous! Very romantic and vintage.
I'm going to heart your etsy shop so I won't lose you in the computer world :)
french blessings,
starrydeborah

Anne Lorys said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
You scored that whole box full of vintage bling??? Wow, what a HAUL!

Thanks so much for the visit to my blog and for entering my giveaway! So nice to meet you and to discover your lovely blog in return!

All the best,
Anne