Monday, February 1, 2010

Are People Glad to Have Known You?

Sometimes I ponder this question. There have been people I think about from my past who, quite frankly, I wish I had never known. I think of a lady I used to work with years ago. She was very negative, caused me to doubt people (even tried with my own husband), and stressed me out. While I may have learned lessons from her (like what NOT to be like), I can't look back with a positive memory of her. Then, there are people that I can think of that I'm just so glad...so privileged...to have known! People that have impacted my life, and, yes, the lives of others, I'm sure, in a good way...in a strong way. A lady, Shirley, that my family has only known since last spring passed away last night. Though we only knew her for a short time, I'm glad we knew her. I look back on our chats and smiles and am thankful for the time that we had to get acquainted. She was an older lady that was feisty, vibrant, and full of life who went in for hernia surgery...and just didn't make it. Who would have known? Was she worried? Worried? Why should she be worried? She assured her family before the surgery that she had no worries about the surgery...and besides, if something DID happen to her she had accepted the Lord Jesus as her personal Saviour and was totally sure that she would spend eternity in heaven. She was comforting her family with this (to some who perhaps were not saved and did not have this assurance). One just never knows what tomorrow will bring (see very bottom of this bog if you want this assurance!)...I'm so thankful to have known of Shirley's strength and assurance and comfort and testimony. I'm just so glad to have known Shirley.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Michele, thank you for this post. As I get older I can look back on my life with compassion on the people whom I wish I'd never met. When these people are family members it's tough, but praise be to God that I've survived and now I'm surrounded by some great Godly people. I have little regrets now :o)

Cynthia K. said...

Very insightful post. I'll bet Shirley was glad to have known you too. Just making even a tiny difference in the life of others is certainly what makes people glad to know you. So glad this lady had received salvation from the Lord - she knew she was in a win-win situation, so no need to worry.

Bless you...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

~~Deby said...

This is such a good post....I think in my past...at some bad attitude...and wonder...is that how people will always associate me with...when they ever think of me...I pray that God's grace will cover the things I do or say..when I fall so short...or get into the flesh...
A very well worded post with so much truth..to include: The Brevity of Life...I have heard of people dying from a trip to the dentist....I am glad to say..that I KNOW I am heavenbound (my testimony is on my sidebar on my blog--I played being a Christian many years)...but now I *KNOW*..just like your friend, Shirley.
~~deby