Sunday, January 17, 2010

Antiquing and Thrift Store Hopping


Since Mom and Dad have moved closer--much closer--to us, it has been great fun "buzzing" about with Mom. During the short time that they have been around, we have hit thrift stores and antique stores, and it has been such fun. Sometimes just Mom and I go, and it has been nice to have a little "breather", so to speak--to have a few hours away, from the kids who I am around basically 24/7 (remember, they are homeschooled). While I love my children dearly, it is nice once in awhile to look at things in an antique shop and actually be able to concentrate on what I'm looking at! Anyway, yesterday Mom and I discovered a new antique mall where I found this little heart box and fell in love! It is vintage and was made by Dennison and even had the jeweler's box that the heart box came in with it. It is a ring box and is in great condition. I am just imagining what the ring was that came in this box and how the recipient reacted and what the occasion was. Although I'm trying to resell it, I won't mind if it doesn't sell because I DO like it. While antiquing I also found another little box of treasures, but I'll have to post about that at another time after I get a good picture (too cloudy out today).

4 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Such a lovely little box!! I would have bought it too!! My Mom is living with us now. She will be 90 years young in Feb. We played chinese checkers the other day..ha ha she still beats me though!!

Hugs from Susan in Georgia!

Holly Days Closet said...

That is the cutest little box.
Holly

Marie Rayner said...

Michele, what a beautiful little heart box. But even more special is the time that you got to spend with your mom. I wish that my mother and I lived closer.

Unknown said...

What a darling sweet find! I wish Mother was still here so we could 'bop' all around like we did ...

TTFN ~ Marydon