Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Tea Time Tidbits" Special Posting #10

I love little cottages--in all shapes, sizes, and forms. Perhaps it's an extension from the '80's when they seemed to be very popular. Whatever the case, I am gathering a little collection of them on my mantle. Unfortunately a mantle is only so wide and so long...because I'm running out of room! I have a clock and a plate and a thimble...(sounds like a good topic for another post)...and, of course, some cottage teapots and this cottage tea mug which are absolute necessities for this tea lover! The tea mug is from the Allyn Nelson Collection. The two teapots are James Sadler designs. I LOVE James Sadler's teapots. The timbered one is "Anne Hathaway's Cottage" (No, not the actress--Shakespeare's Anne ...though I bet she wishes it were her house), and the other one is "Rose Cottage".
There is a "Wisteria Cottage" out there that is lovely and I'd like to get someday. The detail on these teapots is truly amazing--little animals, profusions of flowers, lifelike additions. These little tea related cottages are pleasant and pretty, and I really enjoy them (one reason why they're up on the mantle!). If you're going to have tea, it might as well be in something pretty, pleasant, or personal. Then the entire experience will be the best it possibly can be.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

How sweet!! I don't see these very often...the mugs yes... :o)
Lovely

blushing rose said...

What lovely little teapots ... hadn't seen them with cottages on them.

Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Oh! The cottage teapots are just the sweetest!! I might have to start another collection!

Have a great weekend,
Holly

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

They are the prettiest! I never saw any like these!
~Nancy

Mary said...

Those are darling teapots! I also love Sadler...they always have such sweet pictures that seem to bless me, especially cottages!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Mary