Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Romantic Homes "Detail Work" Feature


You know how I love embellishments--especially vintage ones. I like to embellish my home, my little , me, things I make, food, presents...well, you get the idea. (...though, I DO leave my hubby alone!). So, anytime I read something about embellishing, my antennae go up and I can't wait to devour the words and pictures. The October 2009 issue of Romantic Homes has a wonderful article entitled "Detail Work" about Nancy Jamar and her shop, Gilding the Lily...a boutique that sells vintage embellishments and also gives classes to create beautiful things. Check out the website>>http://gildingthelilyvintage.com. While you're at it, she has an interesting blog as well....gildingthelilyvintage.blogspot.com. If a person can make something pretty, embellishing in some way with a little glitter, a bit of ribbon, a rhinestone or glass bead--even just a little bit or a few--can make a world of difference in how it looks. Thanks, Romantic Homes, for such a pretty and inspiring feature!

3 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

Things are so much prettier when they're detailed! :D I was giggling that you leave your husband alone. lol!

Shabby Cottage Shops said...

Such pretty things, it's amazing what you can do when you have a creative mind. Wish my antennae would go up like yours! Thanks for a lovely post and visiting our blog. Stop by and let us you know visited!

Have a Pinkalicious Day!
Debie

Duchess of Tea said...

Simply adorable. Darling, have a lovely weekend.

Love, Hugs & Tea
Duchess ♥♥♥