Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Unexpected Surprise

There are few things more exciting than an unexpected surprise...a treat from someone sent for no particular reason other than they were thinking of you...especially on a day when a little encouragement was definitely needed. The other day the mailman brought us a package...and it was made out to ME! I hadn't ordered anything. No one said they were sending anything. I was sure I hadn't won anything. Well, these pretty teapot trivets were inside...and immediately I knew who had squealed and who had sent away for these. As you know from a previous post, I collect teapot trivets and have several on my kitchen wall. I have been collecting them for years. My grandmother gets several catalogs which she then forwards to my mother who then forwards on to me. I saw these in a catalog, fell instantly in love with them, ripped the picture out so that no one knew which catalog they were from, and asked my mom that if she ever saw any of these at a yard sale if she would please get them for me because I liked the so much. She still had a duplicate of the catalog, had already told my grandmother they would be perfect for me if she ever wanted to get them for me, and then (after receiving my ripped out picture in the mail a week or so later) showed my grandmother just how much I liked them. Whew! Thanks, Mom, for putting the bug in Gram's ear...and thank you so much, Gram, for getting them for me! I love them, and it was definitely an unexpected blessing on a day when I really could have used one.

6 comments:

blushing rose said...

Awwww. What a sweetheart .. & look at that BIG smile on your heart. TTFN ~Marydon

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Those are really cute! That was sweet, but pretty sneaky of Mom and Grandma, wasn't it? Oh...but spoiling you a little is what Mom's and Grandma's do best. :)

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Michele;;; Awww how sweet and loving for your wonderful Gram to send them to you... I think they are really pretty... How blessed you are to have such a caring and giving family.. loved reading your post...

Hugs;
Alaura

Mary said...

I love your trivets! I collect teacups...about 100 of them...but I only have one trivet! They are so colorful and love the different shapes. You have a very nice Gram, indeed...she must love you very much!

Mary

Kath' said...

This was a wonderful surprize and I am glad that you got it. It really makes your day go so much nicer doesn't it.. Kath'
I still can't believe I won the prize and hope to see you on my blog contest entering in my blog at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.com
Kath'

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling,
I am back and have missed you terribly!! I have a post on my blog that explains my lengthy absence but enough of that, I just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing and to wish you a sunny day. I am now off to read the posts that I have missed and to look around your lovely blog.
Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥