Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Field of Flowers

I've been eyeing this field next to us. It is a house lot that has not sold; however, a field of wild flowers resides there at the moment. It DOES make me sneeze, but it has grown so beautiful over the last week that I can't resist enjoying it anyway. It is full of Queen Anne's Lace and clover and a periwinkle colored flowering weed (I've forgotten the name). Beautiful! The children and I like to find the Queen Anne's Lace that have "rubies" or "amethysts" in the centers of them. I always thought a bridal bouquet with those and red roses would be lovely (mmm, along with lots of allergy meds!). It's amazing that God makes even weeds to be enjoyable as He paints the countryside with color and beauty.

1 comment:

blushing rose said...

God knows how to make beautiful scenes, even out of weeds. TTFN ~Marydon