Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Tea Time Tidbits" Special Postings

I've decided to do a special post on my blog once a week--maybe twice if there is occasion--specifically on tea including teacups, teapots, tea places, types of teas...well, you get the idea. I thought of doing "Teacup Tuesdays" or "Taking Tea Thursdays" or some such cleverness on a specific day of the week, but I wanted to be a bit more spontaneous. Taking tea is a relaxing and, yes, beautiful process. I've been blessed with many teacups, teapots, and other tea wares collected from different places for over 25 years and would specifically like to share these with you. Some things you might have seen before on this blog but most you haven't. I know how much I've enjoyed seeing others' tea wares and pretties and thought you might enjoy it too.
This silver teapot was one of those "must haves". My brother and his family live in New Zealand. He is a pastor there and runs a small Bible institute. On a visit there many years ago I really wanted to buy a teapot. I was determined! We scoured antique and second hand shops, and I found this one much to my delight. Most of this type have a bone or even wood knob at the top and/or on the handle which I specifically didn't want (I know, it was allowed it to be cooler to the touch, but I thought the bone and wood detracted from the beauty of the teapots). Finally, we found this one, and it was just perfect! When I look at it, it makes me think of my brother so far away and the fun we all had (well, okay, maybe the men didn't have as much fun as we gals) looking for this.

2 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love it! I would have gone for that one too, without the wood handle which would detract from its beauty. What a find!

Andrea said...

It is such a beautiful teapot! And how special it must be to you as it reminds you of your dear brother and your trip to New Zealand.

May God bless you today and always.

Andrea