Monday, March 23, 2009

A Note and Brooch to Phyllis Hoffman...


...and a lovely thank-you note in return! I was just thrilled to recieve her thank-you note on Saturday. Since Victoria magazine and Tea Time magazine are two of my very favorites, I decided to send Phyllis Hoffman a "thank-you for the wonderful magazines that I enjoy and am inspired by" note along with a brooch. No, I don't expect to sell any of my jewelry or be recognized in any way. Not at all! But rather I thought creating a unique brooch just for her was a nice, all-my-own way to express heartfelt thanks in my continuing quest to try to be a thankful person. These magazines really do give me hours of enjoyment and inspiration...why not send a thank-you? Anyway, for some reason I didn't take a picture of the brooch (not smart). It was all in blues and whites (some of her favorite colors--mmmmm, must be why there is that "blue and white" issue of Victoria every year)--very similar to the Wintertime Brooch listed in my Lollishop shop. Being the proper Southern lady that she is, I'm not surprised that she wrote a thank-you to my thank-you and am honored and feel blessed that she accepted it.

1 comment:

JillzWhimzy said...

yeah that's great Michele - I too am a huge fan of those magazines!