Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Little Tokens of Love" Swap--What I Made!




The Prim and Whimsy s--Sweet B and Jeanne--hosted a fun, sweet Valentine "Little Tokens of Love" Swap. My swap partner was Emily of Edge Gallery (adorable artwork!). We were supposed to make a Valentine that would could fit into a 5"x5" box and no bigger. So, I decided to decorate a Valentine AND a box, "Why not?" I said to myself. I had the greatest fun. It reminded me of when I was a young child. I had a snow day from school. It was snowing furiously outside, and I sat at our kitchen table for much of the day making Valentines (which I usually did growing up). Thankfully Mom had all the stuff available so that I stayed busy that snowy day. Anyway, here are the pictures. Emily has received her Valentine, so no surprises will be spoiled by my post. On the Valentine itself I put a little envelope (I love multi-layered things that contain little treats) and, of course, put a little charm inside the envelope as a special treat for Emily.

3 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

What a lovely Valentine!

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Michele; What a sweet box. and the heart valentine so so pretty. I love the pin, you do such great work. I am sure she was so excited to open it up....

hugs;
Alaura

Neabear said...

I enjoyed seeing the teacups. They are so pretty. Also thank you for participating in Sondra's Beat the Clock.