Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gramma's Purse Brooch

I've been somewhat in a creative slump lately. Partly I think it's because of a slowness in sales--who wants to create if no one wants what you create? Anyway, I've had this purse on my mind for awhile, and yesterday had a little time to work away at it. It was fun, of course, since creating is almost always fun. I'm pleased with how it came out. It has been posted on my Lollishop already (www.lollishops.com/glassbeadtreasures). It has a little brass "clasp" (but the purse doesn't open) to which I stitched a dark blue bag. The bag is embellished with pink, green, and "pearl" glass seed beads and a chain.
I also redid all of my pictures to "lighten" the look for spring since the books--I really do like the books--unfortunately look a little dark and autumn/winterish. I can't say that I'm totally happy with how they turned out, but they will have to do for now. Thanks for reading my post!

4 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Michele; What a gorgeous brooch. I love that purse, you do such amazing work, I can't believe how tiny everything is and you were able to stitch it all, just amazing. I know how you feel about being in a creative slump, I am in one too, but have to shake it off soon...

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

The brooch is as cute as it can be...love it. Sales do seem to be slow but hopefully it will pick up.

Marie Rayner said...

You make such beautiful things Michele! I can see I need to start saving my pennies so that I can own one of them one day!

Wanda said...

I love it! You are so creative and I am envious that you can work on such a small scale. Sales will pick up....just a small slump.