Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vintage Snaps and Scraps...a Blessing After an Under-the-weather Weekend



There have definitely been better weekends for me! I've felt poorly the past several days--very poorly. I guess that's how it goes when a person has little children...and they get sick. We parents eventually get what they get, and it was my time. **sigh** Being ill reminds me of two things--1) to be MORE thankful when I AM well and 2) there are many people out there who are chronically sick and to be more in prayer for them. My heart goes out to those who are indeed very ill. I think the Lord allows sickness so that we pause to praise Him for health and to remember in prayer and words of encouragement those who are truly ill.
That being said, on Monday I received Kathy's package after winning her giveaway (see blog post about it below). What a blessing and encouragement! It was more beautiful than the pictures depicted. Kathy not only wrapped it beautifully (you know how I feel about prettily-wrapped items), but included a pen and a kind note. The whole thing was very professional, yet had a clear personal touch. If you have not ordered from her, I encourage you do to so. You won't be disappointed. Please check out her blog at http://vintagesnapsandscraps.blogspot.com to see where she sells her pretties. Thanks again, Kathy!

3 comments:

l said...

Glad you are getting better, Michele.

Kathy said...

Oh Michele
What a kind, sweet lady you are. Thank you so much for this wonderful blog post. And your words I could not agree more, we all take things for granted in life and this was a great reminder of being thankful and to remember others who are having problems. Thanks for the wonderful lesson in human fellowship. I do hope you enjoy the journal.
my very best to you...
~xx~
Kathy

Over The Top Aprons said...

Michele, what a lovely post about your prize. I love how you write. I know the artist will greatly appreciate it. And yes, we must be grateful and thank the Lord for the many blessings that He gives us.