Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Favorite Calendar

When I flipped my calendar to December, the thought occurred..."I'll be needing a new calendar soon!" It is hard to believe that 2008 is almost past. I put my calendar on a wall between my kitchen and living room, so it must be very decorative and a clear expression of who I am and what I like--almost like a piece of art I'd put in a permanent place on my wall. One from Joe's Garage or a complete year of trophy deer pictures with tips on hunting them are just not going to work for me! My hands-down favorite is The Collectible Teapot & Tea Calendar by Workman Publishing. I will be most sad should these lovely calendars ever become a thing of the past. Every month for many years now I have enjoyed incredibly beautiful, gorgeously displayed teapots--unique, whimsical, elegant, antique, etc--usually displayed with a teatime treat and a layout "theme" that perfectly compliments the teapot. Joni Miller and photographer Martin Brigdale do a fabulous job with quality photograpy and deeply interesting scenes. You feel as if you are right there enjoying tea with someone. Each month is a feast for the eyes not to mention informative with historical accounts, tidbits, famous sayings, and more. There is no better calendar in my opinion.

No comments: