Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Redoing a Lampshade

I had this great idea in my head for a lampshade. I collected the beads and, although I had wanted to find a brighter pink flower bead, was pleased with how they looked together. I worked hard at stitching the beads on after planning the outlay. After a great deal of it was completed, I looked at the stitched lampshade...and...and...didn't like it! Gerrrrr! Is it a sign that I am a perfectionist, or is it just the way things SHOULD be? If I don't like what I create or it doesn't look like top quality, I am NOT happy with it. It simply must be torn apart and reworked. Well, that's exactly what I've done. You know, I almost felt relieved that I was redoing it. I am now in the process of reworking the pretty flower beads onto a new lampshade, and you know what? I am much happier with how it is turning out. I just wish these little episodes didn't take up so much valuable time and energy, but I MUST be happy with the outcome in order to put something up for sale. Stay tuned, the lampshade will be done soon and a picture will be posted on here within the week.

No comments: