Sunday, May 18, 2008

Itty-Bitty Swap is Over



Well, the "Itty-bitty Swap" is over, and many thanks to the Rozells for hosting the swap. Three ladies and I have exchanged names and addresses. What fun! I've mailed out the tins full of itty bitty things to them and so hope they enjoy going through them as much as I have had putting them together! I really do like small things and have a printer's drawer and dingbat drawer (I know--very 80's and 90's, but I can't get rid of them) full of small things that I've had fun collecting over the years from around the U.S. and even from different countries.

I'll talk more on little things in another post, but perhaps my favorite small thing was found at a yard sale for $5 several years back. It is the small, complete, leather-bound King James Bible you see here (including a small magnifying glass held in a sleeve in the back cover). Some research indicates that this type of Bible was given out for Sunday School attendance awards years and years ago. However, inside this one is hand written, "Property of M. Alice Washburn, A.M.A., M.A.L.F.P., A.D., Spring Hill School, 1928". One of my favorite yard sale finds for sure!

No comments: